Saturday, 28 December 2013

5 Lessons I have learnt in 2013

With the new year fast approaching I have decided to take a minute to think about the experiences I have had and learned from this year.

Lesson 1: Don't take yourself too seriously - if you do then it's no fun for yourself and sometimes others, so relax and have a little bit of a laugh if something embarrassing happens, embrace it! 

Lesson 2: Value everything you have - This year I was lucky enough to travel to Nepal with my family to visit our friends who are currently living over there. I was so grateful for this opportunity because up until this point I hadn't been aware of just how much I take for granted. Seeing how difficult life can be for families there and how happy and positive the majority of people are reminds me just how lucky I am.

Lesson 3: Don't stress over things you can't change - This is easier said than done for me but this year I feel that I have really been able to put this into practice and have found myself letting things go which a few years ago would have been unthinkable.

Lesson 4: Let those around you help - Often I find myself trying to juggle a lot of things and this year was a good year for me in that I decided to let people in and ask them to help me to organise my school work among other things and I am super grateful to them for helping me do it.

Lesson 5: Once you start a project finish it! - This is something that I am still working on and will continue to do so, (as are the other things in this post) I am one of the worst people for starting something and getting bored 5 minutes later and then forgetting about it. This year I have tried my hardest to stick things out til the end and I think (hope) that I am getting better at it.


So there you have it 5 lessons I have learnt in 2013 and I am looking forward to embracing 2014 and all it has to offer and I hope you too feel the same way! 

toodlepip
x



No comments:

Post a Comment